Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hong Kong!!!



We arrived in Hong Kong only 40 minutes later than originally scheduled and we made it to the hotel just after midnight. We both slept fairly well and were up by 6am, that's not a typo either... I was up without coercion by 6am LOL!

Our hotel is on Kowloon peninsula, so our tour today was of Hong Kong Island. We went way, way up to the peak of the mountain in a bus on a very narrow road. When another bus or concrete truck passed both drivers slowed down a BIT and we passed with INCHES to spare. We visited a jewelry factory, a mall and a street market. To finish the tour, our guide took us all to lunch.
Here is a photo from the peak looking down onto Hong Kong.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful site! Madeline and Andy in HONG KONG!!!! God bless yall! Can't wait to read your next post! I feel so blessed to be watching your journey! God really is Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Guys! Congratulations on arriving in HK. I can see all those places you described in my mind! Isn't the hotel amazing? The hotel in the province won't be that glamorous, but will be nice. I wish I was there!!! I can't wait to read the blog as you make this incredible journey and we will see you on the 15th to welcome precious Mia home.

    Much love and prayers,

    Susan and Rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! YOU ARE THERE!!! Yipppeeeee!!

    Did you eat those fish balls????????

    ReplyDelete