Sunday, August 2, 2009

It's Official!

Sunday was a wirlwind day.  After arriving in Nanchang we had an hour to get settled in our rooms and then off to a meeting regarding our itenerary for the next 6 days.  The entire meeting was informative but everyone was so eager for the babies to arrive.  A few babies from a different orphanage arrived about 4:15 and the tears started.  Our orphanage arrived at 5:00PM and we recieved our Mia about 5:10.  She was a little in shock and didn't cry.  She was very verbal and kept saying Ma Ma Ma Ma.  We had a very good night and she only fussed a little around 3:00AM.  Today we visited the Office of Civil Affairs and officially became the parents of Mia Mei Zotti.  All of our "official" work is done in Nanchang and now we just wait for her passport and notarized documents to come in.  We will probably walk around and do a little shopping here but are going to save most of our shopping for the great deals in Guangzhou.  Here are a few pictures from our day today. ~A

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so happy for you guys. I kept thinking all day that I needed to get on here and see if I read great news but little man kept us busy. Can you even believe that we both are bringing home angels at the same time? God is so good and you and I were meant to wait together. I can't wait to hear what the girls have to say when they see her. Love and prayers to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATION! FELICIDADES! thank you for sharing ur experience! have a great few days in china! can't wait to meet MIA! God bless yall! marcia

    ReplyDelete
  3. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! A verbal baby will fit right into the Italian household. LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete