Today we visited the a row of porcelain shops in Nanchang. There were so many beautiful pieces to choose from it was hard to decide which to get. We got a quick lesson in the different qualities and characteristics from Evelyn that was very helpful. I'm kind of glad I only brought some of our money as we would have purchased a lot more otherwise :) Afterwords we visited the People's Park downtown. It was very beautiful and serene. We walked around taking pictures of the scenery, old bridges and pagodas. There were also some very interesting activities for the kids. There was a blowup hamster ball that the kids entered and then were pushed into the water to move around in, it looked quite tiring. Across from that there were goat-carts. There were two children riding a cart pulled by goats. I'll never forget the little girl with the whip smacking hers to go faster.
We received our Notary paperwork and Mia's passport and will be on our way to Guangzhou tomorrow afternoon. I started packing today and soon realized that we needed another suitcase. We didn't want to brave the taxi ride to Wal-mart so we ventured out on foot and found a small store that had a suitcase for sale. Unfortunately we also ended up buying a bracelet, a jewelry box, two silver baby bracelets and an embroidered silk panda panel for Mia. Good thing we got the extra suitcase. We may need a small trailer to get home from the airport at this rate, LOL. We have enjoyed it here but look forward to seeing a new city.




Hi guys,
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're having fun. I've been checking the site every day. Where's that beautiful girl - we need some pictures of her! Get ready for some fun shopping in Guangzhou! Love Susan