We were anxiously awaiting Monday morning (6/22) knowing this would be OUR referral day!!! I was up & dressed EARLY, fed the girls and was trying to set up the laptop in a place that would make it easy to video tape "the call" while A was making his breakfast. We had expected the agency to call our home phone BUT then all of a sudden at 10:47 my cell phone rang! G picked it up and quickly started waving her hands like crazy and just about threw the phone to me screaming that it was the adoption agency. The first thing I heard was "HI, this is Deb with CCAI...." but I could hardly hear her because the girls were yelling :) I said "Sorry, our girls are SO excited" to which she said "It is ok, you can tell them they have a new little SISTER!"
By this time A had the video camera pointed at me as I scribbled down every word I was told about her age, location, daily routine and medical info. I must have said "OK....OK....OK..." hundreds of times as I wrote. While we were on the phone she verified our email address and sent over the baby's picture. As soon as we opened it we all stared in amazement! We started memorizing her little face, tearfully ooooing & ahhhing the whole time :)
The rest of the day was a blurr, calling family and friends, sharing our good news!
On Tuesday morning I camped out at the front window waiting for the FedEx delivery truck to receive our referral packet with more pictures! In true "Murphy's Law" form, the second I went to use the restroom... the "hit n run" delivery guy evidently tossed it to the door and was half way down the street by the time A opened the door.
Here are a few pictures of us that morning:
All Smiles ready to open our packet to see more pictures & info...
So sweet!!! Daddy admiring his newest little girl :)
And here is what we were most waiting to see!
xoxo- M




Hey Madeline, Just wanted to see if you are on the Yahoo Group for our orphanage? I think I saw your baby's pictures today that were taken early July. Let me know!
ReplyDeleteTara