Sunday, November 13, 2011

Mia is three!

It's been a while so forgive me if I'm rusty. I've been in Florida now just about one month, working at my new, old job. I've been very busy trying to get the place back in the shape I left it in and am working some very long hours. I knew this would be the case when I took the job and I figured it was for the best that Madeline and the girls stayed back in TN until after school was over because I'd be at work more than home anyway. Mark this day down because something is about to happen that is as rare as Haley's Comet...I was wrong. I miss my girls too much! I miss having to get out of bed at 6AM on the weekends because no one else in the house can hear the dog whinning and barking for the past thirty minutes to go out. I miss stepping on an old happy meal toy left in the middle of the walk way even though we told the girls to cleanup before they went to bed. I miss that I can, not that I do, make breakfast for the girls on Sunday and Madeline doesn't even now it's daylight yet. I miss that more often than you care to know there are noises coming out of them that I always thought were reserved for boys. I miss them!
I talk to them daily and at least 4 or 5 times a week on the video phone. Not much has changed with them, Bella's still laughs at everything, funny or not. Sophia, it seems is looking at herself on the video phone more than me. Ava still constantly makes her goofy faces instead of talking and Mia makes the most of being on the bar chair and grabs everything within reach and inevitably hangs up the phone a time or two. Madeline is still as beautiful as the first day I met her although we rarely get to talk on the phone. Yeah, not much has changed about them.
Tonight Madeline and the girls are celebrating Mia's 3rd birthday with friends and family in TN. I'm sad that I am missing it because Mia will only turn three once. I bet the kids are all pretty much out of control. The house is probably a disaster by now and someone, somewhere is crying. It will most likely take Madeline all night to clean up the mess, though she'll probably clean it up in the morning because she has to get the girls in bed- school tomorrow. It's quiet here, REALLY quiet, like post-apocolypse quiet. I may watch a movie, read, or maybe just check out what's new on the web. Not sure what the night has in store for me but I can do whatever I want.
I'm pretty sure I said out loud that this would be much harder for Madeline, taking care of the girls all alone, like a single Mother. For me I thought it would be a piece of cake. Sure I'd miss them but I would see them once a month and with the phone calls that would be enough. I was wrong! When I do to talk to Madeline she is usually stressed out because someone "forgot" to take the dog out or this one is fighting with that one, and no one is listening to her at all. I'm also pretty sure was a little jealous that I was coming home to Florida because most of our childhood friends are still here. We've made some great friends in TN but there is something to be said for "coming home". I remember her asking me what I was going to do down here until she and the girls could join me..."whatever I want!", said with a grin. It's true, I can do whatever I want, but what do I want? I want them, here, now. I can hardly take the fact that we are apart. I miss the goofy jokes, innappropriate sounds, and wierd faces. I miss laying down at night and cuddling with Madeline even though she wants me stay in my own space. I miss them all running up to me with hugs when I walk in the door from work. I miss my Mia's beautiful little face with a smile so big it envelopes her eyes. I guess I never thought it would be harder on me than them. I'm very thankful God has blessed me with such a great family and countless blessings. I just wish they were here. Happy Birthday Mia Mei, I miss you so much!

1 comment:

  1. Oh geez Andy, way to make a girl cry! Your absence was definitely felt tonight and you were missed! I can't imagine what it must be like for you...or Madeline. Please know that we pray for you all daily and I will do anything I can to help your family. We love you all so much and are so thankful for your friendship...even if we aren't from Florida. ;)

    ReplyDelete