Wednesday, July 21, 2010

God's blessings

Our house is normally pretty lively with our four girls and many times, a few more children. Although I got home tonight very early, all my girls were asleep. I went through the house checking on each one as I normally do and making sure everything was okay. Even though I always do this, tonight seemed a little different. As I checked on each of them it brought me back to when I was anxiously anticipating meeting each one, including Madeline. I can remember wondering what each one would look like, or smell like, sound like or even feel like, and what their personality would be like. What I realized is that after each one came into my life I could no longer remember my original image of them. You see, they were so much more perfect than I could have ever imagined! It is getting so close to our one year anniversary of holding Mia for the first time. As I remember all of the things we went through during our adoption process it all seems so long ago and very small. I guess if you are ever down or questioning the blessings that God has given you sometimes all you need to do is watch the loves of your life while they sleep (Lucy is still on the bubble). I'm not sure what I have done to deserve these blessings but I thank God each day for them and you should too. Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment